“I have used Whinney Insurance Brokers for all aspects of my Photographic insurance, including equipment cover, professional indemnity and public liability. I found them the most approachable and affordable for the cover provided compared to others. Matthew is extremely helpful and can provide great information on “the small print” and individual requirements.”– Katie Burrett (Photographer)
Specialist insurance packages for photographers, covering your equipment, liability and professional reputation under a single policy.
Commercial Film Producers insurance packages, including professional indemnity, liability, equipment and reshoot costs.
Production Studio insurance, from pre to post production. Insurance to cover your professional risks, liability and studio equipment.
Protecting image and picture libraries. Specialist insurance in partnership with the BAPLA.
Photography & Film Insurance
From re-shoot costs to damage to your filming equipment. In the photography and film industry there are a number of things that can go wrong during or after a shoot. Fortunately in most cases you can buy insurance to protect you.
At Whinney Insurance we have 6 years experience insuring photographic and filming risks. We can arrange commercial producers indemnity, professional indemnity and all risks insurance for cameras. We only work with specialist insurers whom provide insurance tailored for photographers and film companies.
We can also provide you with extensions such as ‘rectification costs cover’. Which will help you rectify any mistakes you may make before your client becomes aware. Essential cover for stills producers.
We can arrange packaged policies, which can include any of the following modules:
- Professional indemnity – cover for mistakes and negligence
- Production indemnity – losses from interruption, abandonment or postponement of filming due to matters outside of your control
- Media liability – loss and negative film, video tape or other media storage whilst in your control, or during processing
- Technical equipment – damage to technical equipment and cameras
- Props, wardrobes and sets – damage to props, wardrobes and sets
- Public Liability – damage to third party property or bodily injury whilst on location.
Whether you want to chat through the cover we can provide, or get advice on how we can help you meet your contractual requirements please do not hesitate to give us a call.